Jade rolling is not only one of the hottest beauty trends to hit Instagram lately, it’s also a highly effective and simple method for rejuvenating your skin. These smooth, marbled green tools are both aesthetically pleasing to the eye and wonderful for the skin. Like cupping, jade has roots that go way back, and more and more people are using jade to plump up their skin and give it a healthy glow.
To understand more about the healing powers of jade, let’s take a look at its roots, and how modern-day beauty is taking a page out of ancient skin care techniques.
Jade has long been used as a beauty treatment, and it has a rich history—it was popular among Chinese royalty way back in the 17th century. It’s extremely efficient at smoothing skin, improving circulation, and banishing toxins. One of the most effective (and luxurious!) ways to use jade is by keeping it cold—a chilled jade roller will stimulate elastin and collagen production, not to mention it feels like heaven on tired skin.
How Can Jade Rolling Help?
- Dial Down Stress – If you’re into the healing power of stones and crystals, you may know that jade is a harmonious stone and can help ease stress and anxiety. Not only do the properties of jade contribute to a feeling of relaxation, the act of using a jade roller is soothing as well. Adding this treatment to your beauty regime will give you a good reason to slow down and pamper yourself for a few minutes every day—not only that, taking time to chill out does wonders for your skin!
- Your Muscles will Thank You – Not only will your mind benefit from the relaxing power of jade, your muscles will, too. Jade rolling is a great way to release tension in your face and cut down on fine lines and wrinkles. As a bonus, if you naturally carry a lot of stress in your facial muscles, jade rolling can help unclench your jaw, relieve headaches, and make your entire face appear smoother and more rested.
- Soak it in – Jade rolling won’t just make your skin look better, it will feel better too. Regularly using jade helps skin products absorb more quickly and efficiently so your skin will actually benefit from the moisture you’re putting into it. You can apply facial oil or serum to your face before you roll, and the jade will help the product soak deeper into the skin.
- Detox – Your skin shows the effects of free radicals very quickly, and unfortunately they’re always on the attack. Help your body naturally eliminate toxins by waking up your lymphatic system. The lymphatic system is responsible for purging waste, and proper draining is essential. A clogged up lymphatic system can cause inflammation and fluid retention in the face, leading to puffiness. Jade rolling helps encourage lymphatic draining by improving circulation, massaging the muscles, and flushing toxins.
- Up Your Collagen – Collagen is what keeps skin looking young, and as we age it naturally breaks down and our body doesn’t replenish it at the same rate as younger skin. You can help keep your skin in the flush of youth with jade rolling. Using a roller—especially cold—will encourage collagen production and make your skin look tighter and more vibrant.
- De-Puff – If you find that your eyes really show the effects of a not-so-good night’s sleep, not to worry—jade can help! Using a jade roller on tender undereye skin is an easy and gentle way to reduce puffiness and help you look more rested. The cooling effect also works on your cheeks and jawline, allowing your natural bone structure to shine through. Using a jade roller could mean putting your contouring tools away for good!
- Blast Acne – If you suffer from an occasional burst of red bumps, jade rolling can help keep breakouts at bay. The massaging, rolling motion calms angry skin and also stimulate hormones associated with relaxation, which may help stress-induced breakouts stay beneath the surface.
With all these benefits, what are you waiting for? Incorporating a jade roller into your skin is a simple way to look and feel great without resorting to needles and peels. Give your skin new life with the power of jade!