Effects of Aging on the Face
Everyone wants to look their best. As we age, however, one of the first things affected is the skin on our faces. It loses strength and elasticity resulting in wrinkles, dryness, and other issues. Adding to this problem is the fact that collagen and elastin, proteins that help skin, decrease and are produced more slowly.
Prevent and Repair
Prevention: Dermatologists say the best way to prevent premature skin aging is to faithfully use sunscreen. Other recommendations are to avoid smoking, eat a healthy diet, follow a good skin care routine, including exfoliation and lymphatic drainage massage.
Repair: To counteract the effects of aging skin, women try a wide variety of remedies ranging from moisturizing cream to cosmetic surgery. The market for anti-aging products and services has expanded into a worldwide industry that was estimated to reach $291.9 Billion by 2015, according to the article “Anti-Aging Products: A Global Market Report” published by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
Cosmetology, dermatology, and plastic surgery all offer methods to repair aging skin damage. Many of the surgical and dermatological methods, however, are invasive, expensive, and risky.
- Plastic surgery/Face Lift: The cost of plastic surgery can range from $7,000 – $15,000 and is not covered by health insurance. There are also many risks associated with face lifts. WebMD lists many, including: reactions to the anesthesia, bleeding under the skin, infection, damage to the nerves that supply the muscles of the face, numbness that may last 6 months to a year, hair loss, tissue loss, scarring, and rarely blood clots in large veins traveling up to the heart and lungs.
- Dermatology: Services offered in this field include microdermabrasion, chemical peels, cosmetic lasers, and botox. Although not as risky as surgery, each of these methods is expensive and has potential side effects. For botox, botulinum toxin is injected into the skin. Potential side effects are swelling, headache, and flu-like symptoms. There is also a chance that the toxin could spread to other parts of the body and cause symptoms of botulism such as muscle weakness, vision problems, and trouble speaking, swallowing or breathing. Would you want to take that chance? The average price for a botox treatment is $328, according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. In addition, it is a temporary fix, only lasting a few months. Dermatologists also offer prescription creams with strong anti-aging ingredients.
- Cosmetology: Over the counter creams contain several ingredients thought to help with the effects of aging. Some of the most popular include antioxidants and retinoids.
A new method of therapy for aging skin is emerging and rapidly growing in popularity: facial cupping. Face cupping is an inexpensive, non-invasive, and serves as a safe alternative to surgery or chemical treatments. Facial cupping uses small, specially designed suction cups to lift and massage facial tissue. It is actually not a new therapy, however. “Women in Asia, Russia and Europe have been utilizing negative pressure facial cupping for rejuvenation & maintenance for generations,” according to acupuntureriorico.com. “It was one of the secrets of the Geisha.” Facial cupping is offered at many spas, by TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) practitioners and other therapists. Facial cupping can also be done at home. LURE Home Spa offers inexpensive facial silicone massage cups. It is quick and easy to do your own facial rejuvenation using massage cups. Results come from using the cups only five minutes per session two-three times per week.
Benefits of Facial Cupping
There are many benefits to facial cupping. The following list contains the benefits related to aging skin:
- Increase oxygen-rich blood circulation, strengthen skin & connective tissues
- Stimulate fibroblast cells responsible for collagen and elasticity production
- Visibly reduce fine lines and deeper wrinkles
- Tone chin, jawline, neck & décolletage
- Increase depth & efficacy of your skincare products
- Reduce scars, excess oil & pore size
- Improve product absorption & nutrient delivery to skin
Facial cupping also relaxes facial muscle tension & tightness as well as reduces overall stress. Considering the many benefits, it is no wonder that more and more people are using this safe, non-invasive, and inexpensive therapy to renew and rejuvenate their skin. We invite you to experience the # 1 selling GLAM Facial Rejuvenation Cupping Kit or try our luxury handmade glass cupping set here. Why? Because YOU deserve Better!
- See more at: http://lurehomespa.com/benefits-of-cupping-for-face-lift-and-facial-rejuvenation/#sthash.twbtP2F3.dpuf